Description of the sample program
The C++ program that I will explain in this lesson illustrates
expressions and operators. In particular, it illustrates the use of:
- The Scope Resolution operator
- The Indirection operator
- The new operator
- The Assignment operator
- The Pointer to Member operator
- Multiplicative operators
- Additive operators
- Parenthesis to control precedence
- The modulus operator to get a remainder
- The cast operator to temporarily change the type
of a value.
The program also illustrates the impact of operand types
on the result of arithmetic operations.